I woke up this morning to find I’d been tapped for this neat little award by the lovely and talented Ms. Dottie Daniels. (Check her blog out here: http://dottiedaniels.wordpress.com/) I’m really flattered, especially since I’m new to the bloghood. In the spirit of the Liebster Awards, I have some questions to answer. 🙂
So, the answers to Dottie’s five questions:
- Who is your favorite person (living or deceased)? Me: Living is my son, even though he thinks I hate him because I make him go to bed and give him a hard time about not doing better in school. Deceased would be a tie between my paternal grandparents and my maternal grandmother. Those three people were the very definition of unconditional love.
- What is your favorite subject to write about? Me: The connecting theme in my work is family. Even as a horror writer, there is a ton to play with in family dynamics – lots and lots of material.
- What is your favorite place in the world? Me: It’s October, I live in Florida, so my favorite place right now would be New York, until after the Christmas season. I get so homesick for the New York area this time of year.
- What was your favorite toy when you were little? Me: Larry Lion. He was a big stuffed lion with a vinyl face that talked when you pulled his string. He would roar and say “Ooo! I scared myself..” and I thought that was hilarious. Now, when I write something particularly disturbing to me, I think..”Ooo! I scared myself ” and I hear it in Larry’s voice in my head. Hmmmm…that actually sounds crazier than I thought it would, but it’s true.
- What was the last song you heard? Me: All of Me, by John Legend. It’s playing on Pandora right this very minute as I’m answering this question. This is easily one of the most romantic love songs I’ve ever heard.
Here are the rules:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented you the award and provide a link back to their blog.
- Write five random facts about yourself
- Nominate five other bloggers who you feel deserve the award and have less than 200 followers.
- Answer five questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees five questions.
And, now, my nominees are:
http://jsackblog.wordpress.com/ (Already nominated by someone else, but I love her, so…)
The questions are:
1) What inspired you to start a blog?
2) What is your favorite season and why?
3) You have an entire day to do exactly what you want. What do you do?
4) What period of history fascinates you?
5) What was the last book you read and would you recommend it?