This was a very nice surprise! Thank you, Carol of https://timeformythoughts.wordpress.com/!! I’m so glad that you liked my blog enough to nominate me! January has been an amazing month for this weird little space on the internet, too. 🙂
So, here are the rules:
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 blogs.
- Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know.
Seven Facts About Me:
1) Of the many things I was going to be when I grew up, I still have a secret wish to have a little bakery café or be an interior decorator. That is in addition to writing full time someday, so it will be a lovely, cozy bakery where I’ll get to write when I’m not taking croissants out of the oven.
2) I love Golden Retrievers and had them when I was a kid, but I’ve never owned one as an adult.
3) I used to dream about being a professional singer. I have had a few false starts: I missed my audition for the “Fame” high school due to having chicken pox, I took a workshop with a prominent vocal coach (someone who’d worked with big time artists and Broadway stars)…having made different choices every time the opportunity arose, I think it’s safe to say that deep down it wasn’t for me.
4) I love long, late night phone calls where both of us laugh and talk about the kinds of nothing that are worth more than piles of something with anyone else. It’s like being part of a world where the only language is the shorthand speech that flows between me and the person I’m talking to.
5) I’ve never lived more than ten miles away from the ocean at any time in my life.
6) I have four siblings; three sisters and a brother. I’m the oldest of them all. We’re a “Yours, Mine and Ours” family.
7) Vintage advertising art is my favorite – especially old signs and posters.
And now…drum roll, please….my nominees are: (I don’t know how many will participate, but I do encourage you, dear reader to check these blogs out)
http://betternotbroken.com/ – Best post up right now about the scary and absurd dynamic going on with “Fifty Shades of Grey”